Sent An Email Re Interest In a Property, Received Zero Follow Up

Several days ago, I sent an email to Zillow saying that I was interested in a property that you had listed, I received zero follow up. Today, I received an email that said "did Velma Medina get back to you on the property listed at.... if not, here are other agents that you could contact."  I thought agents made their money off of commissions. I feel for the home owners trying to sell through you. It just strikes me as seriously unprofessional.

TLW
  • March 02 2012 - Lubbock
  • 0

Welcome to the world of real estate. It's something I deal with all the time and it's an ongoing problem that is as old as the professiona itself. However, I receive over 200 spam emails daily and there are times that non-spam emails unintentionally get caught up in the email dumps I do each day, so that could have been the case in your scenario too.

Give us the address & contact info.  We would be happy to look at it and get you the information you are needing.

Please send me the address you are interested in and your contact information to [contact information removed by Zillow moderator] and I will be happy to send you the information you are wanting.  

I have had the same problem when using the phone as well as email. The listing agent simply does not get back even when the property is still for sale. Apparently if you ask any specific questions doing that extra work is to much to warrant a reply.

It happens....what else can you say.

I would interview a few agents and decide on a buyer's agent. Make sure you find someone who seems on the ball and willing to return calls or messages in the manner you prefer (phone, text, email). Good luck with the house hunting.

Unfortunately there are many part-time, and/or flakey people in the real estate business. I suggest you write a review of the person so that others can be spared the headache of their lack of professionalism.

Im a Real Estate agent and Man I feel your pain this is why i got into the business because there are only a couple great agents out there. I never want to be like that..... When I get so busy that i can't anwser emails or phone calls im hiring an assistant to take calls and read emails so i can be out helping clients.
Travis Newman
ARC Real Estate

Profile picture for jdgjudi
Glad to hear that    there are so many people you cannot trust   I really want this house most people would look at the house and say no way but to me that house is wonderful and I have completely fallen in love with it and hope to find someone that will help me buy it    Im certainly not rich but Im sure a loan will not be a problem because they will see what the worth is going to be when I finish cleaning and repairing the damages that have been done to this property    Judi

Profile picture for Home Sales For You
Are you sure the agent did not send you a reply by email that ended up in your junk/spam folder?

Now you know why in this industry 80% of the commission is made by 20% of the agents.
I do like the Trulia system in some ways as the inquiry goes to 4 agents at once. Only the first one gets the business, so the client gets better service..
Sorry you got a bad one!

I work with Velma, and I can tell you that is NOT characteristic of her.  If you didn't get a response, there is a strong possibility that she did not receive your original email.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Zillow allows you to write a Negative Review for Agents based on they didn't answer your email ....
Look at the Review form ..look at "Service Provided" & you'll see among the choices: "Never responded to my inquiry"

You/Anyone can give them a Negative Review (1 star) based on that alone

More info:....Zillow Agent Reviews...A Request For Sanity

Sometimes emails get lost or misrouted. You could try contacting the agent through her home website or by phone for more information.

I hate to tell you but I am as frustrated as you are. I receive 5-10 contacts per week from buyers like yourself requesting information on my listings. I am extremely diligent and my policy is that all contacts will receive a reply within 15 minutes by phone or email.

My problem is 98% of the buyers do not respond to my replies. While I understand your frustration that this agent didn't reply to you, I would like to know why buyers request information on a property and then will not correspond with us to get that information?