Profile picture for kshort1982

Short Sale Agent Needed

I need a realtor to sell a home at a short sale for me. I'm not behind on the mortgage (which is with Everhome) at this point, but could be if I don't get rid of this. I don't want to have to fall behind if at all possible and take that hit on my credit.

I'm about $30K upside down on the home which is the purpose of the short sale.

I moved out of the home last September after some drug dealers moved in next door and a shooting occurred. Clearly it's not safe for me and my family to reside there so we are now renting a home from a friend.

If someone thinks they can help me get rid of this house without being delinquent on the loan, please contact me

May 10 2011 - Saint Louis

Where is the property located, city and State.?

Um.....St. Louis........Missouri

Can you give me some more details as to where this property is located?  thanks.

Short sales are a good way to go when you need to get rid of a house that you are upside down on and can't afford to pay for the shortcoming. However please be advised that doing a short sale with have a negative affect on your credit and your score will definitely take a hit. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the process and your specific situation.

You should be able to find an agent to help you through the Certified Distressed Property Institute along with answers to the questions you may have.   www.CDPE.com

In order to do a short sale you need to keep in mind the bank will require to verify hardship. Nowadays some banks will allow to do a short sale even though home owner is not delinquent.

Contact an experienced realtor in your area.  The agent should have experience and training in short sales.

That is my point exactly!  The problem is that many consumers don't know how to go about finding an experienced short sale agent. As an agent, I have delt with many other agents that claim to be short sale 'experts' representing banks as REO agents or consumers on short sales and on more occasions than not, I have had to walk them through the process!

You have to do interviews and ask the right questions.  You have to know the answers the agents should be giving you as well.

Easiert solution, I'll interview them for you - no matter what state you are in, then send the best prospects to you.

If you want to sell your house short, this is the easiest way to get expert agents to your door.

Let me know if I can help.

Dana Casey - contact info is on my site.
[Hotlink removed by Zillow moderator]

You may want to look for an agent that understands the complexities of short sales. Try finding a local Realtor who is a Certified HAFA Specialist, these agents have gone through special training to help you navigate through this complex transaction. Please feel free to email me, I may be able to refer you a local associate in your area. 

Anna Maria Kitras, Broker Associate
Certified HAFA Specialist
Weichert Realtors, Hoshaw & Associates  

Another suggestion is to find a Realtor who is also a CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert).  It's not cheap to get the certification, which filters out some of the 'wannabe' short sale agents.  It's also more thorough and accurate than other courses (in my experience). You can go online to cdpe.com and search for an agent in your area.

Sara, you might want to learn how to read. The poster is in st. Louis, which, in case your geography is equally poor, is not close to Los Angeles. Also, read the zillow good neighbor policy, to understand why your post is prohibited spam.

Correct usage of Offer & Counter offer forms
Profile picture for Bryan Young
Latest reply by Bryan Young
101 reasons you need a realestate professional!!
Profile picture for Deirdre Lohan Conway  GRI
Latest reply by Deirdre Lohan Conway GRI
The Home Staging Bible
What is Often Missed When Staging a Home for Sale
Latest reply by Tyler Bundy
January 26 2012 | 30 answers
change pictures

1. 28 Arbor Point Ct, Saint Charles, MO Home For Sale
    28 Arbor Point Ct, Saint Charles, MO 63303

2. 1020 Kinstern Dr, Saint Louis, MO Home For Sale
    1020 Kinstern Dr, Saint Louis, MO 63131

3. 10956 Village Grove Dr, Saint Louis, MO Home For Sale
    10956 Village Grove Dr, Saint Louis, MO 63123