Short Sale

I am quite disgusted, I called an agent regarding a short sale property that was only on the market for 16 days or so, she said it is sold/pending, I said being a short sale can't I put an offer in on it? She said no, I said I thought in a short sale the bank accepts multiple offers and accepts the best one so they help curtail their loss. She said no, the seller accepted the offer and it is contracted only one offer??? She was snipy w/me. I am quite agravated because people have "INS" on these deals!!! Is there anything I can do? I want to offer full listing price!!! What can I do in this case if anything?
  • November 08 2013 - Johnston

Your expectations about short sales are quite common but are misunderstandings.    The agent gave you the correct answers.    With a short sale, the owner (not the bank) selects one offer which is then forwarded to the lender.      The listing agent does not send in several offers to the lender, the  current owner makes the selection. 

If you'd called when it had been on the market for less than one day, then perhaps people with "INS" would have been an issue, but not after 16 days if it was priced right.

Your tone in this post is that the listing agent was wrong and you are aggravated.  if you had a similar tone when you spoke with her by phone, there may be a reason she was snippy.