Profile picture for Orby413

Short sale for sale by owner AFTER bankruptcy.......

Well I have been posting alot of questions on this matter, and it came down to a short sale, or renting the home out. Lawyer says the bank will more than likely never foreclose. So to sell it short sale and hope they will take the offer, or rent it out and put some money in our pockets. I guess my question is, should I list with a realtor? Or can we do this by owner? I know we arent going to make any money off of it either way ( or can we?) but, I am not sure what to do! Someone we know already offered to buy it. But at 15000. OWED 90 before the BK. Now houses around it are selling for  anywhere from 3k to 40k. Except our house got broken into and damaged. Water heater, Kitchen and copper piping. Everything else is in good order. Where should I price it at?? Well once again, any advice would be extremely helpful. THANKS ZILLOWERS!

May 06 2011 - Ashtabula

Profile picture for Orby413
Also, I forgot to mention.... The house has been empty since 2009. We had recieved notice of foreclosure and sheriff sale was set so we left, This was in june of 2009. Come to find out a few weeks ago, that they decided not to go through with it and it had been just sitting there until now. And of course we owe prop. taxes for that whole time, with out ever being notified! ALso, there is a second mortgage, the first and the second add up to the 90k.

I would contact a local real estate agents specilized in short sale and let them go over your options. I don't think anybody consider renting -because of the condition you described-our house got broken into and damaged. You can obviously try to sell it on your own, but since you said you are upside down with the mortgage, why you would want to bother do it on your own-you won't save any money by not paying a commission to a broker-all the proceeds will go to the lender anyway. That's my suggestions. Good luck!

By the way-have you included this debt ( loan on the house) in a bankruptcy?If so, you would not need to worry about it if you got a court discharge.

Profile picture for Orby413
Yes it was included in the discharge. I am going to try to contact a realtor. Thanks for the reply!

Short sale after BK is possible and lenders still may approve but the sale cannot proceed until your BK is discharged through the court.

Profile picture for Kevin & Naomi Kieffer
Latest reply by Kevin & Naomi Kieffer
May 07 2011 | 4 answers

1. 2103 W 10th St, Ashtabula, OH Home For Sale
    2103 W 10th St, Ashtabula, OH 44004

2. 2104 Pleasantview Ave, Ashtabula, OH Home For Sale
    2104 Pleasantview Ave, Ashtabula, OH 44004

3. 3201 Ridgewood Ave, Ashtabula, OH Home For Sale
    3201 Ridgewood Ave, Ashtabula, OH 44004