Should I ask my mortgage company to refinance or go elsewhere?Purchased my house new little over 14 years ago. Payments auto draft so always on time and my credit is perfect. I asked my mortgager to remove the PMI (only $20 month) since I was paid down to 72% of loan/worth. They said not until next year unless I paid $500 for new appraisal. THEN I realized that I was paying 7.25% interest. I have decided that I am refinancing but was told that I may want to ask my current mortgager to reduce my rate instead so I don't have to pay all the fees and closing cost of refinancing. Whatcha Think???October 24 2013 - US00YesReport a ProblemProblemSelect oneOffensive contentIrrelevant contentSpam (pure self-promotion)OtherDetailsYour emailPlease enter a valid email address.Submit CancelContent flaggedWe will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.