Profile picture for JennyReynolds3

Should I buy this house for $125k?

8029 25th st White City , OR 97503
Seems like a great deal....except there is a trashy trailer park right behind the backyard. Only has one bathroom and the master bedroom is on the small side. Really need some advice. Pre approved price on a short-sale for only 125k...previously purchased for 157k.
  • October 07 2013 - White City
  • 0

Keep looking.  The Trashy trailer park isn't going anywhere soon.  It will always impact the location.

I agree with what everyone else has said but I would add "don't settle". Just because you have been outbid don't settle for just any house.

Good Luck

Don't buy from fear.  Buy because you want the  house with everything you describe as negatives.  

Is a trashy trailer park a big deal to you?   If so, don't buy.  If it is fine, then it isn't a negative.   Is the trailer park going to be there forever or is it scheduled for gentrification?  (Most seem to last for many decades)

Is the small master bedroom a big deal for you?  Then it isn't the house for you.

One bathroom?   Once again, only you know if that is an issue for you.   It would be for me, but I'm not buying in White City Oregon.

Profile picture for JennyReynolds3
I have been outbid various times. I am in an area that houses in this price range go incredibly fast with multiple offers. I really want to get out of renting. I am afraid of not getting something else if I pass up on this one. I am also afraid of interest rates going up.

Hi Jenny, If you are questioning yourself, I think you know the answer. What is so unique about this property, other than what you have shared? Can you find a better home, away from this location? The very same question you are asking now will be the same that a buyer will when you sell this place. In real estate, you gotta always have an exit plan, in case of needing to sell, you want to be able to sell fast!