Profile picture for kevjtul

Should I get pre-approved before I have sold my own home?

• October 06 2013 - US
  • 0

If you are already at the stage of getting ready to sell your home and are preparing to search for your new home, it's a good time to start getting pre-approved. A lender like myself would be happy to guide you throughout the next steps of your home buying process. It certainly wouldn't be too early for you at this point. So shop around and find a lender like myself that would be glad to speak with you to help you get started on the loan you need for you new home.

Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me.

Yes, even if you are confident your credit score is good enough to qualify for a loan you should still get preapproved before selling your home.  Over 80% of credit reports have inaccuracies and you don't want any nasty surprises that would delay your ability to qualify for a home loan. 

Yes it sounds like you are looking to purchase a home as well so it is always a great idea to have a pre-approval on hand when making an offer. Many sellers are actually asking for a pre-approval before considering an offer in this market because there are a lot of buyers out there and many multi-offer situations. A pre-approval would put you ahead of the pack as a serious buyer.

If your intention is to purchase a replacement home and need to obtain a loan to do so, getting a pre-approval now is a good approach.