Profile picture for aries75

Should I have an inspection?

My offer was accepted on last Wed, and property inspection is 7 days. 
So far I don't think I need an inspection because the seller provided me disclosure documents which include inspection reports. But many people told me I have to do the inspection even though I have the disclosures. 

But there is only 3 days until contingency removal date. I am not sure if there isn't enough time to do inspection and negotiate again. In addition, the seller offer was "as is" condition. 
In this situation, should I have the inspection?
  • September 29 2013 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
why are you asking the same question multiple times?  if you need to supply more information to a thread just post it.

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
Your real estate agent can get an extension to the contingency date so you can get an inspection performed.

Don't buy any house unless it is inspected by a reputable inspector.

I advise my clients to always get an inspection. Think of it as a second opinion because not all inspectors are created equal. It will give you a better sense the home's "as is" state.

In California, all homes are sold "as is". It is up to the buyer to do due diligence to find all potential problems and make an educated decision. Hope this helps.

Sounds like you are dealing with a bank owned home. An inspection is for you and your peace of mind. Seller disclosures and inspections done by the seller are not always perfect. How long ago was the inspection done that they gave you copies of. If recently it might be ok. I just did one on a bank owned home and we found out it has termites, the heat pump was not a heat pump but an air conditioner only and there was rotted wood under a toilet. Even though a seller says as-is, you can still ask to have things repaired or dealt with. We ask for the termites to be treated because if we bailed out the seller now has a material fact that must be dealt with and so they will often treat.

It's up to you.

tim