Should I include a finished walkout basement in the square footage of my FSBO listing?

• September 11 2013 - Tupelo
  • 0

I wasn't sure, thanks. The zestimate for my property is extremely low ~ 45% of what I'm asking. I thought my price was reasonable considering the surrounding properties and all the amenities. It is ~100k less than what I paid for it!

The standard of the industry is that basements (even finished walkout basements) sq ftage is separate from the above grade finished living area with heating/cooling (as appropriate).    A few small regional areas have a different standard and show total square feet, breaking it down into  above and below grade.   It is important to follow the standard in your area so you don't get very annoyed buyers and./or their agents.   What does your tax assessor show, that tends to be the best bet.