Profile picture for pnoenorman

Should I sell before remodeling or sell for cash at a lower price to someone that wants to rent it?

Very close to high rated elementary school Old neighborhood with lots of trees in back yard I have lived there thirty yrs. so it needs a lot of work If I sell for cash can you give me an idea of what to sell it for.

• April 15 2014 - Norman
  • 0

The repairs should be done for a higher price when you sell, buyers want the move in ready house, the market you are talking about without the repairs is wholesale buyers and investors you are not going to get top dollar, a good realtor can stop by look at your house give you a list of the basic repairs that would be needed to sell the house and supply you with a market analysis, to let you know the best price you can get with smallest amount of work. I have also seen where you think there is a lot of repairs needed and it turns out you may not need as much as you think. let me know if you need a market analysis or any other help.
Have a great day.

If the home needs a lot of work as you say, it may be difficult to sell.  The buyers that wish to live in the home, will not want to pay a lot of money if it needs a lot of work.  There will be other homes in the area, that are also close to the high rated elementary school that do not need a lot of work.  They may be priced higher but will sell much quicker since there is a larger market for an updated home.  You will most likely need to sell your home at a below the market price if a buyer needs to spend a lot of money on it.