Should we buy a house four houses away from a go-go bar?

My husband and I seemed to have found the perfect house. Location is ideal for commuting and is close to family which is a plus since we have a baby on its way. Over all the neighborhood is calm and quiet, both during the day and night.
However,we just found out that 4 houses down the road on a main street there is a go-go bar establishment. How much would this devalue the house? Should we even still be considering to buy this house??
  • July 10 2013 - Mine Hill

Profile picture for Peter J Rogers
that question has come up a couple of times in a town  near where I live and work and the answer is always the same. Not on your life! Any restaurant/bar will tend to be noisy late at night and that applies to a go-go bar in spades and despite what the owners will tell you there is always the risk of unrest in this type of establishment
As i put it to a customer - do you want your kids to live by a place where ladies dance naked? 
The advice I always give is - its not just what you think but its what a potential buyer will think if you decide to sell the house at a later date

The fact that you are questioning it, makes me believe that if you were to purchase the home, and then want to sell it, other buyers may question it too.