Profile picture for jsciii

Sign content opinion

One of the tools I've been using to try to sell my home is signs. This is the third time I'm buying them to put out. The first batch gave a few calls, the second, none. For the third I'm wanting to use words that I think will grab a person's attention. Here's what I have:

FSBO XXX-XXX-XXX

3/2 + LOFT - $268k

3100 SQ/FT UNDER ROOF

LAKE ACCESS - MOSS PARK

My home is 1879 sq/ft under air but as can be read, the roof line is much larger. I feel this justifies a slightly high $/sq/ft so am wanting to let people know that this house is bigger than just the "under air" numbers. The last line I hope to appeal to the boaters and Moss Park is a landmark.

Am I hitting the mark?

• January 05 2008 - US
  • 0

John

You have found the best use of signs. 

Concise. Just enough information to capture attention and the appointment call.

Best of luck

fsbo signs = less return on investment. period.

Profile picture for jsciii

Thanks Durenda for the input. You nailed what I am wanting the signs to accomplish.

Long Island, I see your mentor has successfully completed brain washing you.

Profile picture for stigay

What does under roof/under air mean?  Part of your home is under a vaccuum?

I was wondering that also stigay.  John there was a thread around here debating sign usage and I think the concensus was that it depends where you live, how many drive bys there actually are. Then, the more info the better!

In Fla it means that it has HVAC and therefore is used to compute your property taxes.

ah, thanks sas!

sign + fsbo = double trouble.

Profile picture for broker_GRI

use the sqft # in your county profile for your property

Profile picture for Bette Defarm

I strongly agree with with GRI. You can be sure every buyer is doing their homework and info that doesn't match public records causes concern. What other marketing are you doing? I've bought and sold FSBO and now more than ever you have to be pitch perfect in your strategy.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

long island + Zillow = EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile picture for jsciii

My county records indicate I'm 1879 "Living space or under air" and I'm 3100 "total or under roof". I want perspective buyers to to understand that my home is much larger than just the "under air" numbers in order to convey the fact that my home has a great deal of space beyond what's "under air".

I have done my homework as far as being accurate and my pitch is well laid out. I place the signs out at intersections leading to subdivisions where most of the homes are for sale in my neighborhood. Also, since my neighborhood offers lake access I place signs at the local boat ramps.

Other than signs I also have placed ads in the local paper and on every free website (craigslist, military, iggy, postlets, etc). I have a sign at the end of my road and in front of my house.

So, what does everyone think of the sign contents?

Poor Long Island, he must make his mentor very proud....

john,

thirty years ago that mentor started me on the right track in the real estate industry. from then on it's been continued education and trial and error in my practice. everytime i make a mistake, it's at my clients expense. if an agent is consistantly producing expired listings, that agent needs to re-think their business practices or find a new line of work.