Profile picture for bibby nz

Signing FHA Amendatory Clause and Real Estate Cert after closing????

Hi There,

I have recently sold my home in WI. Everything is final Mortage has been paid and all money recieved. I however recieved today from my agent an e mail asking me to sign a FHA Amendatory Clause and Real Estate Cert. 

I have written back saying I am not comfortable signing this as in my opinion it is worthless at this stage and makes me wonder why this is being asked. Closing date was 28th March and they have dated this 12 April so again I would imagine this does not mean anything but I want to be sure I am correct???

Can anyone give advice??
  • April 15 2014 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for bibby nz
Lynne,

You are correct I guess this was overlooked during the process by the lender etc. I totally understand this however due to the wording and the fact that we have closed would make me believe that the appraised value obviously came back OK (Which I have been told) etc and this piece of paper means nothing especially as we have closed??

It is more me wondering in my head why they are asking for this now, I would possibly be more comfortable if they asked me to back date it as it least it would seem to be valid for the transaction if anyone reviewed however as they have dated the 12th of April I want to be sure there is not something else going on???

Thanks Dan/Carol I think I might just do that!!

Curious....the bank must have overlooked this form when they cleared the buyer to close on your home. The form is standard with all FHA loans.  It states that if the home doesn't appraise for the sale price then the buyer can cancel the contract.  It also states and all parties must agree and sign off that the bank is aware of all aspects of the deal.  At this point, the deal is done.  

Check with a real estate attorney,  a 5 minute consultation should put you on the right track