Profile picture for xiaobei

Simonton windows or Milgard windows

hi i want to replace my windows.  I was pitched both the Simonton and the Milgard brand.  I looked through the previous discussions. Looks like Milgard is a good brand. How about Simonton?  Any reviews on that?

Also, assume that they are equal in quality and one offers transferrable warrenty, which option should i go with. Does that transferrable warrenty add value at selling?

May 09 2008 - US

Profile picture for eebob

You might want to check out Cascade out of Oregon: duel pane, lo-e certified, warranties. I replaced all mine 15 yr old + and am completely satisfied.

Profile picture for retrogameroom

I had Simonton new construction windows in a previous home.  They were all vinyl construction and appeared to be very good windows.  I would imagine that if you were installing replacement windows, whom you select to do the installation would be just as important as what brand you select.

Profile picture for Oaktownshark

Our first house had Simonton windows in them which we were very happy with. We never had any service problems or broken windows. We had to replace the aluminum windows in our new house with vinyl and got prices from IWC, Certainteed and Milgard. It seemed like none of the dealers in our area had Simonton and we had heard good things about Milgard. After comparing the pricing we went with Milgard (more expensive) primarily because of the warranty and the fact that it was transferable. We ended up buying them online here: http://www.thewindowstore.com as they were priced better and the company was easy to deal with.

Profile picture for dougthewndowguy

I bought my Milgard windows from www.1stwindows.com and everything went really well. I got them for a great price and I highly recommend checking out their website!

Profile picture for whatever22

I recently had the Simonton impact resistant windows installed. I liked the security aspect of it as well as the look. Also had a very good warranty. Advertised replacement seems to be easy as well, although I have hope to never have the experience.

Cesspool vs Septic
Profile picture for ochsnola
Latest reply by ochsnola
August 01 | 9 answers
How do you replace electrical wiring in a home? Costs?
Latest reply by user7705784
June 12 | 21 answers
Does putting a fence on your property, increase the value?
Profile picture for Shannon Biszantz
Latest reply by Shannon Biszantz
June 05 | 13 answers
Clogged Drain solutions....DIY-using softdrinks???
Profile picture for warchildbosnia
Latest reply by warchildbosnia
May 30 | 25 answers
Cost of Building A Garage
Profile picture for Robert Adams
Latest reply by Robert Adams
May 15 | 5 answers