Slope backyard

• February 28 2013 - Cumming
  • 0

Best Answer

The woods look nice.   Is the view from the house?

Did you have a question? 

Probably resolved by now but if you have 5-6 steps to the basement then how high up is the rear deck? In short, builders will lie right to you and convince you that everyone wants what they have - it's call sales for a reason.

Sounds like you don't have an agent - I hope you did because this is not a wise buy....

anyone can you please post your idea? 

I tell you honest things. There are 30 lots and 67 people are interested to buy land here. Zip code is 30041.

Im a first time home buyer so Im very confused now. House will be built in 38 sq ft ...big enough...total lot size .35 acre...view is good ...only thing is bothering me

basement door will have stair (5-6) to reach ground level and there will be 10 ft flat backyard...and then slope towards another house...

I have to decide in a day whether i wanna go for this land or not...if i dont take decision then builder will put me out from the list and somebody else will come...

Are you suggesting me to find someone and do land apprisal?

My question again, would it be going to decrese future sell? any other issue...

To get an accurate answer, I would consult a local expert in the field,like a Realtor and professional landscaper maybe, its too hard to tell from just your photos.

It may be worth it to you depending on the value of the property....

That type of view is rare in So Cal and worth a lot of money if one had it around here...

Did you look at my pics?

1) Yes they have proper drainage so that water cant go to basement. And thats what they told me

2) Im not sure about stair well water. If i think then i guess in rainy time water may touch the stair well. Ya exit looks good. There will be tree and all.

My question again, would it be going to decrese future sell? any other issue...i have posted pics from front to back view...

I would break it down into several issues:

1.  How is the drainage?   Is it sloped properly so the water doesn't go into the basement when there is a lot of rain or snow melt?

2.  A few steps up from the basement - is it designed so water doesn't go into the basement stair well?    An outside exit from the basement is good.

3.  No flat back yard - the privacy from the trees would be wonderful.   A buyer who wants low maintenance and privacy would probably be delighted.  IF they wanted to install a swimming pool and swing set, probably less so.  (If I were a little kid, I'd love to explore in the woods).

This is not online listing...the picutre was taken by me...im really concerned about slope backyard and having stairs (5-6) from basement to ground level. Is it problamtic for selling in future?

Profile picture for blub blub blub
And..........?

I've seen many sloped backyards in my career, every one has a different take on the best use. Retaining wall and then flatten it out, tiered gardening? Or you may be running into seeing a listing online that you love saying "sloped backyard" and what you find is more like "hilly terrain"?

Also how does the slope pertain to drainage into the home's foundation which would be really important in knowing the area where the home is located and weather conditions, etc. I have a listing such as this where it's 4 acres but about 2.5 are "hilly terrain" and I disclose that to Agents/Buyers who ask for showings. Best of luck, who knows this could be exactly what you are looking for - slopes usually mean privacy too.