Profile picture for Brytyn8

Someone please buy my house!!!

We are down $30K...about 7 showings and lots of open houses. Positive feed back, but still no offer! Ready to give up and cry. Found home of choice..so time is of the essence now. House in Pasadena, MD in water community. Great school system...nice place, priced well for the area...Any takers or suggestions....

• February 02 2008 - US
  • 0

there is a MD realtor who is sometimes on line - Carrie Reid - I would look for her and see what advice she might have for you since I think she is familiar with what is going on in MD having herself sold and bought within the last year.

Profile picture for rockinblu

Where's the pics. You gotta have pics!

Profile picture for Winifred

How long have you been on the market?  Seven showings is not much.  I've been told by a good Realtor friend you really need to have 25 before you will hit the magic.  Of course we are way past 25, but it does provide some comfort!

Hang in there -- it will happen, just not on the timeline we sellers want!  :)

WOW!  25 showings and no offer?  That's not true for Kansas....

Profile picture for sandi9411

Charlotte, I've had at least 25 showing and all positive feedback.  Still for sale in Kansas City, MO!  I guess the market is better across the state line (but I knew I should have stayed in Johnson County!)

Profile picture for Winifred

Gee, Charlotte, thanks for the support.  And nice attitude.  We've had 2 contracts which did not finish for different reasons.

maybe it takes 50 showings to get an offer in Kansas!

Charlotte didn't get the memo.

Profile picture for broker_GRI

Brytyn8,

Carrie R

(Link to Carries info)

Profile picture for bears100

How long you been on market?  We have been on market with realtor for over 6 months with probably close to 50 showings.  Not one offer.  Great feedback .  Priced very well.  Excellent condition, like new!  Excellent schools - terrific, well-known town.  Go figure! 

We have sold all of our previous 7 homes with about 25% of the showings (TOTAL) that we have had on this home.  Wayyyyy too many homes on the market......MANY homes for people to choose from.  We, too, have already purchased another home so I bite my finger nails daily.

Profile picture for jumpupanddownandyell

so price yours better and quit whining

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Thank you for the great advice fredbeene.  You are a genius.  You should be dominated for the Nobel Prize for Economics.

SARCASM OFF

Profile picture for broker_GRI

Fredb,

I found VickieL to be informative w/o a hint of "whining"

Didn't your momma ever tell you what Thumper's mom said to him in Bambi?

Profile picture for bears100

Realtor_gri,  thank you for sticking up for me. ;)

Profile picture for sandi9411

Vickie, we're in about the same situation.  We did have one contract but their buyers backed out, so we no longer had a contract!!!  If I don't sell soon, I'm not going to be able to move because I won't be able to get through the door.  I just wish I could bite fingernails, I stick to chocolate though!  And I'm tired of chocolate!  I had a guy last week who was measuring everything, wanted to know how soon he could close, all kinds of questions.  I think he fell off the face of the earth though. Haven't heard from him since! And then this other couple that is soooo cute.  They loved it, perfect for their family and poof....no word from them either.  She was telling him where she was going to put furniture, loved this, loved that...nothing!  Ok, I've got to go find some more choc.  Hey, it's February, there's lots of good candy out now!

Profile picture for bears100

Sandi, I hear ya about the chocolate!  You're home is BEAUTIFUL!  How long have you been on market?  Are you listed by owner only or also on MLS?

Profile picture for broker_GRI

You sellers hang tight keep a good sense of humor and make sure your agents are on the ball
(Although you rally shouldn’t have to)

Profile picture for broker_GRI

Ha *rally* as in "rally darling"

ahem...*really*

Profile picture for sandi9411

Vickie, thanks so much for the compliment!  We are on the MLS and I listed it August 15th or so.  I did the flat fee listing, so I don't have much support there.  But I can't afford the 6% commission either.  We sunk too much money into the house already to pay any more commission.  There are just so many houses on the market that I'm a little fish in a big big pond!  We don't have a finished basement.  People look at homes w/the finished basement and think woooo.  But by the time they put in all the extras they find in our house (and they want), they could have finished my basement like the taj mahal!  It's just a mind set, I think.

Profile picture for matherfield

Bite the bullet and SERIOUSLY lower the price. We unloaded our 1700sqft  home in November for $309. Everyone I knew thought we were crazy as the comps were selling at $360, but we wanted to sell at the initial price we set rather than chase the market down. Today those comps are still on the market and 2200+ sqft homes in the same neighborhood are now selling for $299.

Moral of the story....lower the price till it hurts and it will sell then thanks me in a couple of months.

Profile picture for xelectriquex
I know how you feel Brytyn8. Its been very slow here in Sacramento LOL. Lots of lookers, no buyers. We had to drop the price to 200K.

Profile picture for slackey

Down $30K from what?  A "wishing price" from 2006?

Profile picture for klarek the realist

To the original poster:  It took some 25 showings for me to get an offer.  Stay strong, stay competitive, it'll happen eventually.  Of course, the key to it all is to go really low.  I know that seems painful, but the longer you wait, the lower you'll have to go and the more painful it will be.

Profile picture for rockinblu

Brytyn8

I see you got the pictures up. They are awful. Probably the worst quality images I have ever seen on Zillow. Do yourself a favor and have them re-done ASAP. I don't mean to be mean, but I do mean to be emphatic. Even on Zillow they can be somewhat important. Here is your chance to make me look like I need new glasses. Upload some new crisp shots, and everyone will think it's just me.

Profile picture for Ldoone

Brytyn8

My place has been on the market for so long, I no longer worry about the home of my dreams being snapped up. I've found that there is always another one just around the corner. I use to panic when I saw a property I was obsessed with sell.  Now I just say oh well. Rock is right take some knew pictures.

Go to the first topic in selling--find some online sites and copy and paste ads..

Having showings is a good thing. If you've had seven showings you will no doubt have more and the right buyer will come along.

Profile picture for chucklas

I am currently looking to by in MD. I would love to take your home off of your hands, but I am a teacher and I cannot afford more than about 250K right now. I work in Silver Spring so Pasadena is a bit of a stretch fo me. In about 2 years when the price drops about 100K if you haven't sold I'll look you up.  Good luck on selling the home.

Brytyn8, rockinblu is right.  The pix are terrible!  Are those the photos your agent is using on the MLS?  People who see those shots will lose interest in seeing your house, and you may miss "the one" because of them.  Sorry to be blunt, but your fellow Zillowees will be glad to offer tips and help on making your house more appealing to buyers - but we have to see it first!

I'll buy your house for $100.00

Profile picture for rockinblu

ghennis00

But, you will still have to see it, right? :)

Profile picture for julielotten
[Promotion and website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for information.]

1. 1
  2. 2