Someone used my picture & personal info to create a fake zillow account. How can I get it deleted?

Someone used my picture & personal info to create a fake zillow account and are using that account to link to a scam structured settlement website. How can I get it deleted? This is the link to the profile http://www.zillow.com/profile/simonwilfrid   and this is the link to my Linkedin page so you can see that they stole my information www.linkedin.com/in/joepiracci
I don't know how to contact anyone here at zillow. It seems that all I can do is post a question here. Can someone please help me? Thank you
  • May 17 2012 - New York
  • 0

Profile picture for RussHatfield
Hi there,

We're going to disable the account pending further investigation.

Russ
Zillow Customer Care

Profile picture for RussHatfield
Hi there,

We're having a look and will follow-up with you to get more information.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Russ
Zillow Customer Care

Thank you so much sunnyview. I really appreciate it.

Scammers stink and you are wise to try to control your professional online presence. I flagged your request, so hopefully someone at Zillow can help you.

For situations like this, Zillow usually will reply on the original thread and then contact you offline if they need more information. Give them a chance to reply and I hope the flag helps.

I just created this account so I could post on here. If I have to fill out the profile I will. The only reason I found out about this fake account is because I discovered Simons fake Twitter account and he had a link on it to here. You can plainly see that my linkedin account is legit because I have over 250 connections, its links to my personal Twitter and Facebook pages. I am obviously who I say I am. Simon Wilford on the other hand is using my picture and personal info and  has no connections on linkedin and is using Zillow to link to a scam structured settlement website. He has nothing to do with real estate and is just using this site as a way to get links to his scam site in order to move up the search engine rankings. If I have to contact the FBI I will, but Linkedin removed his fake profile an hour after I contacted them. Twitter is in the process of removing it as well. I was hoping that Zillow would be as responsive.

I cannot speak for Zillow, but it seems to me you are asking Zillow to delete Simon Wilfrid's Zilow account based on "trust" that you are LinkedIn's Joe Piracci even though there is nothing in your Zillow account *user662856* that would indicate that :-)

Hopefully someone from Zillow will respond to your question. I think your best option is to contact law enforcement agencies.   

Thank you. I will do that. But, is there anyone at Zillow that can delete this profile? There has to be a webmaster or someone in charge of the content of the site.

Using someone's photo and personal information to advertise is equivalent to identity theft and is a crime - even if done by a third party as a "prank." There is nothing "funny" about damaging someone's reputation or using personal information without consent.  

You should contact FBI and let them find the guilty culprit.