Someone went in and changed the square footage of our house to half of what it actually is. Oddly e

Someone went in and changed the square fotage of our house to half of what it actually is.  Oddly enough, this occured just as three houses nearly half the size of our home our being built across the street.  Who is able to change the sqft of a house?  How can I change it back?
  • October 14 2012 - Washougal
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for nwhome.us
Check out Zillow's Most Popular Questions, claim your home and make the changes.  You'll see how easy it is for anyone to claim your home.
thee should also be information in the FAQ about how to undo someone else's false claim by contracting the staff.

Profile picture for Jacira
You are right, John, "...You'll see how easy it is for anyone to claim your home."  It made no difference that I had already claimed my home, and posted a description and pictures - the real estate agent stole the claimed home and made it his own, using my pictures and putting his own description. I only found it by accident and to get it back, I had to humiliate him in the online forums!  It was a nightmare, as a property owner, to get the listing back and fix it... AND there is no way to delete the pictures once you upload them, so although we rented our house out for a short time while we were taking care of my aging mother in another state, now that we are back living in our house, we CAN'T DELETE THE LISTING.  Zillow has NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM. Horrible site and yes, I'm very frustrated with this place.

Thank you John,
Easy as 1-2-3 like you said: Claim your home and then put in the correct square footage.
-MW:)

Profile picture for Jacira
Last year I had something similar happen to me.  A real estate agent in the Ft. Lauderdale area TOOK OVER MY LISTING and changed all the narrative, but used MY PHOTOS and listed my home on the MLS.  This caused me numerous problems, starting with the Property Appraiser office questioning my HOMESTEAD rights.  There ought to be a way to prevent this, but search as I may, I cannot find any way to contact the people behind ZILLOW.com.  They sure don't make it easy.