Profile picture for beltonboy

Spa room

We remodeled out home about 15 years ago, adding a bedroom bath laundry room, expanding the kitchen downstairs and a spa room, large master bath and walk in closet upstairs off the master bedroom.  The home is contemporary with a spiral stair case going up to a loft which leads to the masterbedroom. French door entry into the spa room with a hot tub and elliptical trainer and a sliding door to an deck outside.  The master bath has a full glass entry door to that room.  We have a garage basement with a finished room downstairs in which it put a weight room, treadmill, club grade weight machine.  My question is the hot tub is in need of repair and I want take it out and put it outside, moving the weight room equipment upstairs into the spa area and converting the basement room into a workshop or fourth bedroom.  We don't need a fourth bedroom as our kids are grown, but I would like to get an opinion.  My wife doesn't think it would add to the value or selling ability of the home but I think we have a redundancy with the spa and weight room.  I have that room double joisted for strength with a drain system under the tub in case of leakage.  I would appreciate a second opinion.  The master bath is a double shower with a steam generator and sealed doors for a steam room.
  • January 28 2013 - Pendleton
  • 0

Sounds nice! Honestly I don't think re-arranging is really going to add any value per say, potential buyers will recognize an extra room with or without weights in it. although fixing a faulty hot tub will renew the value, I'd say go with whatever makes your wife happiest and life less stressful. You know the the saying, happy wife - happy life! =)