Spain real estate, is it still a good investment opportunity?

During last year 2013  I have been working with investors targeting the Spain market. They were taking advantage of the low prices due to the economic crisis there, sometimes 50% discounted. Mostly sea front properties, historical buildings and premium properties in the cities.

After some Chinese investments late last year and Goldman Sachs investments in Madrid we are seeing price reach bottom and to start to increase.

I am a real state consultant and I would like to know the opinion of the realtors dealing with international real estate investors and consumers buying in those markets.

What do you see in the market? Still strong interest in overseas investment and places like Spain?

I appreciate your comments.

Xavier

• April 24 2014 - San Jose
  • 0

Zillow is for US property only so I am not sure that many US agents would be familiar with the price trends in Spain unless they have clients there.