Profile picture for Rick G Pro

Stay away from iMortgage

August 22 2011 - Perris

Profile picture for B Mike West
I am not familiar with them.  It is always a good idea to deal with any new vendor through a referral.  If you have a Realtor with whom you are comfortable, ask them to put you in contact with a loan consultant who will treat you properly.  The National Mortgage Loan Originator system and licensing has weeded out many who should not have been in the business in the first place.  Apparently there are a few bad apples still in the barrel.

Good luck in your hunt.

Profile picture for Rick G Pro
...It so happens that I did get the loan approved by another lender and now I have 2 months living at the house we so much love.As for the lender that gave us the run around she was not experienced in dealing with preparing loan docs and flipped homes, I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND " iMORTGAGE" and the so called loan officer was Catalina Ortiz 1 year experience. It was a nightmare dealing with her nothing but broken promises for 3 months trying to get the house, so look out for this lender I would not let my worst enemy go what we went through and for anybody that is buying a house make sure they have years of qualified experience as a loan officer.

Always ask for a recomendation for a mortgage broker, from a local realtor.

Profile picture for Rick G Pro
Steven,
I did, but when I submitted an offer that same day I then received a call from imortgage and they said that they were the sellers perferred lender and gave me all these promises about how fast and alot less trouble It will be if I choose them, especially cause if it was a 4 year old flipped home. Thats when the nightmare started. The good thing is that my Realtor said after all this happend ( 3 months after ) to transfer my loan docs to the lender he first recommended and thats when it all went well.

Most likely the home you bought was a REO. And that's why you had to be pre-approved with their company first. After that you can use any lender you like. I work doing BPOS with iMortgage, and they are very professional.Don't throw the baby out with the bath water:0)
You should always get your Realtor to inform you, it's their JOB:0)

Yes , I believe one should stay away from Imortgage. I bought a home 8 months ago and was given a grossly underquoted escrow only to get a notice from the tax office that I've been underpaying into my escrow account.  They lure you with a ridiculously offer of low monthly mortgage payments and then you wake up 8 months later with a backlog of unpaid bills. Worst experience ever for a first time home owner.

My wife and I are actually going through them for our first house and it has been nothing but the worst experience of our life.  Our loan consultant David sat on our paperwork for over a month and now that we have put all our money into the down payment, they're telling us that we may not be approved.  It was a HORRIBLE choice to go with American West Homes "preferred lender."

Profile picture for jtb9265
I have used iMortgage for 2 loans this past year. My experience with them has been excellent. Very quick closings, super-competitive rates. And I've found they actually under-promise and over-deliver.

February 18 2013

Rickgtech please get your facts straight about what happened. I understand it was a very emotional process and please know I did everything I could to get your application approved. Unfortunately, I'm not the final decision maker, the underwriter is. Your ratios were already very tight when I prequalified you, when the loan process began processing realized there were mello roos on the property, almost double than regular tax rate. I'm curious if the lender that closed your loan calculated your taxes correctly. So that brought you at the max DTI with no compensating factors. Your loan even went to upper management for an exception for the ratios, they felt you were buying to much of a home. I could get detailed about why you didnt get your loan approved but I'm not going to put your business out there. I could have easily turned you away which is what I should have done but instead I fought very hard for you.

I also don't know where you got the information that I only had 1 year experience but you are wrong again. I have been originating FHA loans since 2001. With processing experience since 1997.

Please think twice next time about putting negative reviews if you dont have all the facts.

Profile picture for davido007
I too had a bad experience with IMortgage. Nothing was ever done when it came time to get pre-approved for a mortgage. I was in the process of looking for a home and selling mine. I just wanted to know how much I could be approved for. I sent the loan agent all my paperwork, SS#, and everything else that was asked for. He sat on it for 8 working days without any sort of reply, so I wrote and called him to let him know I was no longer interested. He never responded to my email or message confirming that he had received my message. When I was told by him that he would get back to me later that day or the next, he never called. I could see how this was going, so I ended what was basically never started. What horrible customer service. Seriously how long does it really take just to get a quote?

They are not honest. They will give you higher interest rate than the other companies. I got my loan from them; unfortunately it was very late to cancel it. I was about to cancel my loan request, but would loose my money and the house that i was about to buy. They never give you lender credit and also as i mentioned their rates are higher than other mortgage companies. I suggest you to not work with imortgage.

Profile picture for Rick G Pro
Yes, I was offered 5.75% with that Imortgage rip off, the other lender that approved me gave me 4.75%.

[promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for Rick G Pro

Catalina Ortiz.
You were not even aware about the sellers rules  "FHA 90-Day  on FLIP homes",  also thank for admitting that you were also not aware of Mello Roos prior processing, it was the first thing you should  have notice when you view  the property tax info it was so obvious when I noticed it after, and it seems to odd that I was your last priority when you contact me in the evening while my agent and I would leave you messages in the morning or afternoon and 30% your calls were returned. One more thing the lender that approved without Mello Roos that because it was not required to be in the DTI it seems FHA does not require it for the loan approval.  FYI

You are blaming the performance of the loan officer for the entire company.  This isn't fair.

Profile picture for Rick G Pro

All companies are liable for their staffs work performance.

Profile picture for BerthaAlvarez
I was trying to buy a home in Arizona and the Realtor/developer gave me this comapany for lender. It was a nightmare and I finally backed out of the homes. I can't believe they allow companies like this continue to be opened.

He wouldn't give me FHA and it was conventional and when finally he came back he told me I had to put down 35000 and 3 months of mortgage.  Something in my guts told me to let go and I did.  I am glad. This company should be closed.

I am not an attorney, but I think iMprtgage viloated the Gramm Leach Bliley Act in this thread. Catalina posted specific information regarding your process that is supposed to be between you and iMortgage.

I do too

January 22
Profile picture for encinorvr
I got 2 mortgages through imortgage.  The first was in 2011 for one of those 90-day flip houses.  B of A had pre-approved me for a loan, but when they found out I wanted to buy the 90-day flip, the pre-approval was rescinded.  imortgage got me the loan with a DTI of 49.9%.(had to be under 50%) 

2013 - well things tightened up a little in the mortgage loan business, more documentation, a little more of a hassle.  I liked that they had a local office and I could go in with my documents and just drop them off and let them copy what they needed. This time approved with  a 44% DTI (had to be under 45%.)

Jenny Van in Long Beach handled both transactions.  I would use her again. 

I am one of those people who always posts negative comments, if deserved.   

February 05
Profile picture for JulieBMack
My experiences with iMortgage has NOT been good. It could have been the loan officer, and it could have been the strict underwriting required. I get that things are different now. However, you request a document 2 business days before closing, and then when I don't get you the document immediately, you postpone closing!! That is frustrating. The requests for piddly paperwork trickled in almost every day for several weeks before closing.  This was one last request, at the last minute. I understand the underwriting is a little over the top, but I believe I should have a reasonable amount of time to get a document before you postpone a closing. I took off work that day for this closing and can't get another day off!  If that one piece of paper would postpone a closing, it should have been brought up weeks before!!!

February 14
Profile picture for EdShull
I also had a really bad experience with them, specifically Anne Bell in Las Vegas. So for what it's worth, another vote to stay clear of iMortgage.  

April 01
Profile picture for serenamarieg
I am now even more worried about this company after the nightmares I have gone thru with them already! I now have given notice to our landlord, we were supposed to close on a few different dates and now we literally have everything done with our process: inspections, escrow deposit, deeds ordered and my escrow company even tells me this is odd that our loan isn't finalized. I've only signed a application with them, is it too late to get out now?

April 05
Profile picture for sam sporty
Rick,

Do you mind sharing the lender's name who was able to close the deal for you.

I am dealing with imortgage now for an FHA loan. I want to keep my options open, especially after reading these reviews.

April 14
I wanted to start this off by saying that I have worked for imortgage for over 3 years, and you cannot judge the company on a bad loan consultant.  We are able to have loans in and out of underwriting in less than 24 hours so problems like these can be avoided. Sure there can be hiccups on any home loan as every person has a very unique financial situation but a strong loan consultant will see these such problems up front and prepare the client accordingly. [self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

May 29

Like anything, doing business with someone you can trust and feel confident in, will always make the process a seamless and smooth transaction. 

May 29
Profile picture for zuser20140613100228833
Worked with Jay Orr here in Atlanta, GA. My first home buying experience. I'm 23 and got a 4.125% interested (granted I am very financially savvy compared to others my age). Always returns my calls, has done a good job in the searching process, and still working on finding the right home for me. If I can rely on calling the guy at 11pm at night, then that's what I call good service!! 

Not sure why everyone is so upset. Just because an agent does bad doesn't mean the entire company is a dud... otherwise they wouldn't be in business. Think about that. Good luck!! 

June 13
Profile picture for zuser20140619175537266
[inappropriate, deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

June 19
I am a Realtor and one of my trusted mortgage people worked with iMortgage for a while. She did an excellent job and literally saved one deal that was horribly mishandled by another mortgage company. The point is - it is like with schools, a lot depends on the specific person who handles your file. If i was a consumer I  would only work with someone I got good recommendations for.

June 20

Stay away from iMortgage
Profile picture for Olesya Drozdova
Latest reply by Olesya Drozdova
June 20 | 29 answers

1. 27123 Monk St, Sun City, CA Home For Sale
    27123 Monk St, Sun City, CA 92586

2. 293 Bright Way, Perris, CA Home For Sale
    293 Bright Way, Perris, CA 92571

3. 0 Zelma Dr, Perris, CA Home For Sale
    0 Zelma Dr, Perris, CA 00000