Sunrooms

Does anyone have experience with Four Seasons sunroom builders? We are "thinking" of adding a large sunroom to the back of our house and the cost is pretty high and I am wondering if their sunrooms are worth the difference in price from a smaller company? Of course the advertising and the salespeople say it is, but I don't know. I don't want to cook during the hot southern summers and want it to be a real 4-season room addition.
  • August 30 2007 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for jodipaul
We have a Temo sunroom, not a Four Seasons. Personally, I do not feel that it is an all-season room. It's a little chilly during the winter and hot during the summer. We get a great breeze off of our lake and can open the windows to use it, but it would be better if it had the AC ductwork moved to it for year-round use.

For the money, I would just build a regular room and add floor to ceiling windows. If we had it to do all over again, we would not have purchased a sunroom.

Profile picture for janmik
We love our SunRoom ours is made by Lindal SunRooms it was pricey too but well worth it. We live in Humboldt County so the weather variation isn't a lot but I think it would do well, in more extreme weather conditions.

depending on your surrounding, if you have an awesome view, or only a sunroom would take advantage of the surround, then it MIGHT be worth it, but sunroom is so expensive, you can probably do a regular addition with lots of windows and ended up being about the same price. we added a sunroom too, same store, too cold in the winter, hot in the summer, if I can do it again, I'd just do a regular addition with lots of big windows. you should at least get some quotes for regular addition, could be very close to the price of a sunroom, we didn't do that, and paid dearly for it. Don't make the same mistake like us. :)