Profile picture for wait n c

Survival of the richest

Good article here

linky-dinky

• April 15 2008 - US
  • 0

Ahhh you tricked me and made me look at Kiyosaki's face!

Profile picture for wait n c

No need to look at his face, just read what he has to say. Definitely not a cheerleader!

Profile picture for HoldMyNose2Buy

Wow, it's a great article!  Thanks for sharing it, wait n c.  Surprised at such few responses to this.  If it was some obnoxious drivel from Allpain, there would have been hundreds of reponses by now.

Kiyosaki just told another inconvenient truth.  Scary but true, therefore unpopular.  However no one can escape that, especially the tax part.

Profile picture for FatNoah

It is an incovenient truth alright!  The bailout and lower interest rates help the banks, not the homeowners/buyers.  My savings interest rate has been cut in half as a result of the rate hikes, but mortgage rates have not followed suit.  Why?  The banks are taking advantage of the lower rates from the Fed to pad their bottom line.

Profile picture for Webster3

Good article. Thanks for posting. My parents refinanced their house  many times over when my father started new business ventures. When they failed no one helped him. After living in their house for 46 years they still owe a lot on it. If you make mistakes you learn form it. Don't expect others to help you out and pay for them

"Saving the biggest investment banks in America is welfare for the rich. Would the Fed do that for you or me if we screwed up our investment portfolio? Is the Fed going to bail out the millions of people facing foreclosure because the value of their homes is less than their mortgages? If I'm a small-business owner and fall behind on my taxes, is the Fed going to pay my taxes for me? If I can't pay off my college loan, will the fed pay it for me?

Aren't these investment bankers supposed to be the smartest guys in the world? Aren't they the people we entrust with our investment and retirement money? Aren't they supposed to be financially fit? Some blame subprime borrowers as the culprits in this mess, but the supposedly brilliant investment bankers bought their mortgages. Was that smart?"

Profile picture for !crazy guy!

HOW IS THIS ANYMORE RELATED TO BUYING A HOME THAN MY POSTS ON OBAMA AND MCCAIN'S ECONOMIC POLICIES?

Moved.

Profile picture for RedRussell

I remember the foreclosure disaster of the eighties. No talk of bailout then. We lived in the foreclosure capital of the United States. . .Colorado Springs, Colorado. We will all take it in the shorts with this financial juggernaut. Will the people who struggle to meet their obligations see any relief or consideration?? I fear we are in for more declining property values.