Profile picture for Vegasdebbie

Tax posted for my home is way off. How can I have this corrected. I'm putting it up for sale soon an

• August 05 2012 - Sparta
  • 0

Profile picture for Vegasdebbie
It is $4000.00 too high and I would prefer the correct price be posted.

You don't say whether it's too high or too low, but my assumption is that it's too low, or you wouldn't be concerned about selling it with the current assessment (you'd more than likely be happy to keep it that way if you weren't selling!)

It isn't something to be concerned about for the sake of the price of the house.  A Realtor can substantiate the price of your house based on the comparable sales in the area.  If it's too high, and you are concerned that this will be a deterrent to a buyer, there's a time frame for appealing an assessment in Texas (not sure about where you are).  Ask a Realtor for a comparative market analysis and approach your local tax assessor for a review.