Taxes haven't been paid on the home I'm interested in

I'm looking at a house and the county tax records say that the own hasn't paid taxes  he last 2 years, and consequently there's a lien against the property. Is this a red flag, or just an owner with cash flow issues ?
  • August 19 2013 - US
  • 0

Cash flow issues? Apparently the owner doesn't want to pay their property taxes and risks losing the home to the government. I would also question whether the owner is in some process of foreclosure or has any additional liens against the property. Often though, if the home is within the foreclosure process, the bank that holds the loan will pay the overdue taxes to prevent seizure.