Profile picture for naren707in

Taylor Morrision Home experince ?

I am buying TM home, I had very fustrating exprerince with TM and still I am having the issue. I am planning to close my home soon as I do not trust Taylor Morrision I am pplanning to hire inpector. My biggest worry is that if TM does not agree to itmes which needs to be fixed suggested by instecotr. In that case what are my options. Do u guys suggest to take help from Lawyer. Also I am planing to have TM Mortgae do you guys suggest anything to me their.
  • October 13 2013 - San Jose Forest
  • 0

I believe that every home buyer needs to select their own title agent and attorney to represent them.

Eve

It has been my experience that all items on the inspector's reports are addressed by the builder.  In instances where the inspector and builder disagree there is a dialog among the inspector, buyer and builder that generally resolves the issue to the satisfaction of the buyer.  You will find that the majority of issues will be minor. It is rare that a major issue is uncovered, but has happened 3 times in my 20+ year career.

Building a home, no matter how good a Reputation a Builder has is stressful.  There are always construction related  issues that are very disturbing to the buyer that the builder seems to take forever to address.  There is a process to building. Coordination of the trades adds to the buyer's stress. It may appear the builder isn't taking care of the problems soon enough or just not responding.  The process sometimes can erode buyer confidence in the builder.

I always recommend a Home Inspector.  New doesn't mean perfect. When hiring your inspector, be sure they carry all the proper credentials, insurance, etc that the builder requires, or you will encounter another stressful issue.   There are a half dozen or more inspectors  in the Jacksonville area who meet the requirements of the builder to enter the construction site. 

I highly recommend Ameripro Home inspections (800) 991-0142  They were one of the first in our area to offer New construction inspections beginning with the frame inspection all the way to the final.   They will do an inspection for your final punch out list. They will  stand their ground on any issue found and talk with the builder. They also provide a great deal of information about the continued maintenance a home owner should address during his ownership.  They have a good reputation and Builder's have a respect for Ameripro inspectiors.

In regards to the Mortgage. Changing from the builder's preferred mortgage vendor usually results in the buyer paying all the closing cost.  Check with other mortgage brokers to determine if moving your application will result in a savings worth the change.

The home belongs to the builder until you close.  You can hire an attorney to advise what remedy your purchase contract provides and explain your options.

Profile picture for naren707in
Thanks Mike and & Eve,  
    Do you guys suggest to Hire Lawyer. Just to make sure I am covered and it helps in any way. As I told you, not only my experince but also all the neibhour has same experince.

Yes, relax.

Taylor Morrison has been around a long time and overall have a good reputation.

I find that every new construction has it problems...there are always gliches or small issues...but they are always get resolved. 

Eve