Terms of Service understanding

I have several questions about the API terms of use. My companies business partner wants me to implement the use of Zillow but I want to make sure that we will not be violating the term of use. Is there anyone I can contact and run the scenario by?

Jamie
  • September 25 2013 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Dunes ..
I'd suggest that if you wish to pursue this with someone from Zillow you might try
Click the Contact Button on the Profile of these Zillow Staff Members

Russ Hatfield  ..Customer and Community Support

Rachel Rosen ...Customer support

It's a start...good luck

Profile picture for blue screen exile
For an example of a website that uses Zillow's API's and conforms with the Zillow terms of use requirements, see:
homesand.net

Profile picture for blue screen exile
The terms of service for the API's are really quite simple:

1) Must be on a FREE publicly accessible website; not a private system.  It is not for "in house use", but the free site could be used for running in-house checks.

2) Must not store any data, but be dynamically run each time the page is accessed.

3) Must post Zillow logo, copyright notices and links to the Zillow website.

4) Must provide disclaimers similar to the ones Zillow uses for the same functions.

5) You must agree to their "terms of use".

Here is the link to the Zillow API Terms of USE.

Read it carefully, and have the business partner read it carefully.  Likely the question is already answered.

If you still have difficulty with interpretation, contact Customer service, either with the web-form:
http://www.zillow.com/myzillow/EmailCustomerService.htm

Or through Russ Hatfield's profile:
http://www.zillow.com/profile/RussHatfield/
(click on the "contact me" button under his avatar photo on his profile page to send an Email).

And they can forward your question to the legal department to get a clarification on the interpretation.

(You could also write directly to Legal department, but they make it a bit more difficult to find the E-mail contact info for that).

(There is some contact info for the legal department under paragraph 10 of Zillow's website terms of USE, but not specific to your inquiry type)

The website "terms of use" is not the same terms of use for the API's.

I do not have a zillow rep could you please ask your rep to contact me. I have a feeling what they want violates terms of service. But would love to contact someone to make sure. Thanks in advance! Jamie

Hello. I would take a look at this Zillow thread about the API you can also look at the Zillow API info page that might help.

If your questions are still not answered, I would repost this and ask the questions you have left if any. Then a Zillow rep can help you further. Hope the links help.

I would just try and contact your zillow rep if you have one if not just by email. If you need a number I can always email my rep and ask for you.