Text Message Marketing

Has any agents out there been getting their phones blown up with text messages from a company called ISM Properties. The message reads: I am interested in your property, we are currently buying propertylike yours in your area, please give us the quick info at www,ismproperties    The text comes in as a name with a gmail format after. Pretty weird since its a text. The email is not a valid address. Just wondering.....

• September 17 2012 - Saint Louis
  • 0

I own a text marketing company.  I can tell you with absolute certainty that you are not allowed to text anyone with a promotional offer without them either opting in to receive your information or unless you had texted them first.

Text Marketing is a great tool for Real Estate Agents, if it is used properly.  You can learn more at:
[Website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

I received that text message this morning and feeling a little on the cautious side decided to google-search it first.  Thanks for the information.  I called the number associated with it and the announcement was that it was a non-working number.

I am a person that listed our own home on Craigslist.  I got a message that said "We are interested in your property......  "  and then a link to ISM Properties.com.    I did not click the link as I am a bit savvy about those kinds of things.  I am in Yakima, WA.  I NEED A GOOD REALTOR!!! BTW!! :D

I received the same text.  "We are interested in your property.  If youre looking to sell fast visit.  www.ismproperties.com"    =  SPAM
Make sure to reply   STOP

Just got one... never got spam on my phone before.  Grrrr.

Profile picture for sandy280
Yes, and they continue to come in.  I did a Google search for ISM Properties and everyone across the country is getting the same text messages.  They warn DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!  

I wouldn't do that anyway.  But, if they were legitimately interested in my property, don't you think they would call?  

...maybe dont list your cell phone in your profile........