The Importance of YouTube Video Marketing

A few years ago I was photographing a beautiful waterfront home here on Bainbridge Island. I was standing on the beach (after a harrowing experience on my client's canoe getting shots of the home from the water) as a fog bank began to roll in. The light was remarkable; the sound of the small waves lapping up on the shore.

I wanted to share this experience with my wife Dinah, so I took a video clip with my I-Phone.

A few months later, I read an article about how buyers were searching for homes on YouTube. I wasn't a big fan of home marketing videos at that time because most of them were simply still shots cycling through with music.  But the article did not focus on the "kind of video". The subject was exposure to the market; a topic that caught my full attention.

I had no idea how to render a complex video and I was eager to post my little clip, so I set-up a YouTube account and posted it "as-is" - this little, crappy video of a luxury waterfront home's view that ended up selling for $2,475,000.  About a week after posting, we had a showing which quickly became a contract. I met the Selling Broker and her client at the home and overheard the Buyer talking about how he discovered the home on YouTube.

I shoot our properties with a Nikon D90. I take video with my I-Phone. I upload exterior video clips and still shots of the interior to I-Video where I construct beautiful videos accompanied by piano/cello/violin music.

I post the YouTube video link to the MLS; to our website; to Zillow, Trulia, Coldwell Banker, LuxuryRealEstate, Previews, Realtor.com, Homes and Land Mag. Mass, worldwide exposure.

We continually have Buyers tell us how they first saw our listings on YouTube. We have sold listings to Buyers "sight unseen" thanks to our videos.

Some of our properties do not lend themselves to video marketing but those that do are well served by this technology.

Arthur

January 10 - Bainbridge Island

Welcome to the tech era!  I've been using real live video on YouTube for years now.  Started with an HD video camera but since GoPro came out, I use it right on my head.  I have had nothing but great feedback from my clients, the other agent's clients, brokers, client family members, etc...

Make sure you delete them once you close on the properties.  If you go to YouTube & search for xxx  you can check out how I do it.  I'll post the link but I think Zillow will edit it out on here.

[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

January 11
Really nice experience... Today Every business running with technologies to expand their business quickly and efficiently.

January 11
I think that good agents / brokers look for ways to target their audience, Georg / Arthur. I wouldn't encourage overuse of the technology, because I think - like antibiotic use - it lessens the effect.

January 10