Profile picture for Jennie Curry

The Zestimate of my home is not accurate

It is off by approx. $40,000.  How do I get this corrected.  I currently have my home for sale and this is a misrepresentation of my homes value.
  • May 01 2009 - Sissonville

Profile picture for nicholas_valiante
Also Zillow doesn't factor in upgrades, but there is a way to do this on the seller's estimate page.  Again if you provide comments for how you figured your comps and what was special about your upgrades you'll at least have a say over the zillow-bot.

We had a buyer actually make an offer based on the zestimate and we just laughed at them.

The comps zillow lists are also a joke.  Our home is 4BR/2 Bath with >1900 sq ft.  They were comping homes in the area with 3/2 and >500 less sq feet.  Ummm, not very comparable IMHO.

Again we added a comment to our comp list that we based it on only 4/2 >1500 sq ft.

Like one of my favorite Realtors always says; it's a Zestimate, not an Exactimate! Look at the Zestimate's value range: you'll probably find that your estimate and the maximum Zestimate value aren't very far apart. 

Profile picture for ndtmjt
On your homes detail page you can click on estimate on the left side and choose comparables to your home and make any comments on these choices to show the sellers estimate.  This will not change the zestimate but at least it might get people looking at how you came up with the estimate as this area can also explain the zestimate in better detail.  Zillow uses public info so if any info in public records is wrong on your home or any home sold in your area this will effect your zestimate.  The zestimate on my home is off in regards to using accurate comparables by about 40K as well but hopefully those looking at your listing understand how the zestimate works - This is few and far between from the questions I have been seeing in regards to the zestimate though.  Good luck