Profile picture for mckylie

The first day of school is today

August 11 2008 - US

Profile picture for mckylie

Profile picture for fairygirl43

Ours is tomorrow (Tuesday 8/12).  Son has mixed feelings - likes seeing friends every day but isn't so crazy about all the homework.  But he has classes he really likes this year so that should help.  His fall baseball is starting as well (with his high school) so after about a month of break, we're back at it.  Good thing I like it!

Profile picture for mina36
Awww! Cute kids!! I hope they have a great school year.

Profile picture for azfamily

We started last week - it cuts the daycare bill in half, yea!

Profile picture for Valhakar

You are very blessed.

Profile picture for mckylie

Can't complain about that, huh?  Nothing like reducing daycare bills!!!!!!! 

Fairy - my kids felt the same way.  Not too excited about the homework but very excited to see their friends again everyday!

Profile picture for mckylie

Val, thanks!  I think so!  They are both very sweet, well behaved girls too!  The little one can be a challenge at times but she still is great!  I think we just had it too easy with the first one so we didn't know how most kids could be a handful!  They both do very well in school too!

Cute kids.  Mine don't start until the 25th but volleyball try outs are today.  Keep your fingers cross because my daughter is about a foot shorter than her classmates.

Profile picture for fairygirl43

I'm always a little sad when school starts again.  The house seems so empty.  I guess it's good preparation for when my son goes to college but I still miss not having him around during the day.  I can't believe he's a sophomore in high school.  Where does the time go?

Your girls look lovely Mckylie.

Mine starts first grade a week from today.  We find out which teacher and meet her this Fri.  I will admit, I am looking forward to morning bike rides with hub again.  I just wish it wasn't quite so hot outside - I hate the idea of her running around in the heat during recess and PE.

Profile picture for Oklahomamom

Beautiful girls! My son starts 10th grade on the 25th. The school mailed out schedules. He has algebra and geometry. I think they gave him Home Ec too, but they call it Nutrition/Food Science. They also gave him Art. He has no inclination toward art, but he did not turn in his electives request last spring. We are going Thursday morning to beg for mercy.

Profile picture for mckylie

Thanks K101.  My youngest is in first grade too.  My oldest is in sixth grade.  Next year is Middle school.  I am so not ready for that!  I hear you about doing stuff in the morning.  I was able to get some "wii fit" in this morning after dropping them off before work!

I have been homeschooling for the past 4 years so, for me, school either never starts or never ends depending how you look at it and what kind of day we are having.

That being said, I school choiced one of my children to a great school district and now I am both thrilled and scared that one of my daughers will be going into the 6th grade. I still have 3 more weeks to wrap my brain around it, and I need every second.

Profile picture for mckylie

That is great that you have been able to Home School your kids.  It takes a special person to be able to do that.  I know I could never have the "discipline" to do it!  Good luck to you and your daughter that is going to the school soon!!!!!

We didn't have much of a choice. We were thrust into homeschooling by life circumstances but I am grateful for the experience.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Hey mckylie,

Is that a for sale sign acorss the street in the upper right hand picture?  Uh oh, looks like you have some competition...

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Here in NJ, school does not start until after labor day. 

Profile picture for BtrL8ThnNvr

Mine goes back on the 20th.  KINDERGARTEN OMG! I'm so nervous! He loves school though...well he loved pre-school at least.

Profile picture for TWB
  • TWB
  • Contributions:1812

So I see they're both into the redder colors.  Was that their choice, your choice, or is there a color code for where you live (Today, everyone shall wear PINK)? 8-))

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

No offense mckylie, but what's with that hideous metal bar door in front of your front door?  Anytime I see those, I assume that the area has a high crime rate.  Perhaps you can sell easier if you take it down????

Little SoCal starts kindergarden in September. He is so looking forward to it. Mom is not, she' a bit nervous and sad. I can understand, I still remember my first week of kindergarden and my mom crying.

He also started T-Ball this week so I went shopping for sporting goods. Father and son manly stuff. However, I got teary eyed when I purchased his first baseball glove. My first glove was one my dad found on a playground. It was an adults and he used to tie it with a shoe string to fit me :-( . To make up for it I got myself a new glove too. Yey me!

''what's with that hideous metal bar door in front of your front door? '

Said the guy with the hideous red leather couches and yellow patchy grass plus who's house sits next to a tool shed that belongs in the yard.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Watch out SoCal, there is someone else on the forum with SoCal in their name (and no, it's not me!)

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Leave my couches alone!  I like them.  I have tons of red stuff in my house... red blankets, red curtains, etc.  And the red couch is really comfortable too! 

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

And besides, red couches and tool sheds are usually not associated with high crime neighborhoods, while metal bar doors are. 

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

And finally, my grass is no longer patchy yellow.  We just had several massive rain storms that took care of the yellow!  My grass is as green as it has ever been!

OK yeah sure George. Thanks for the heads up on the SoCal clone.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Yes, the guy is posting under "SoCalRealist"

Profile picture for julia111

Your girls are super pretty Mckylie!! I hope they had a great day back to school!!!

Profile picture for mckylie

Alpine - those are not bars!  I know what you are saying about bars on doors and windows but trust me - this is not the case!!!!!!  That is a screen door.  And they are very popular around here in AZ!  And yes - that is another for sale sign in the background.  Sigh........  But we are n't really in competition with eachother - they are 3 bedrooms and we are 5. 

New Help Section
Dunes Tavern & Conspiracy Center
Profile picture for Debra (Debbie) Rose
Latest reply by Debra (Debbie) Rose
how i got my ex back
Latest reply by Connie Klemme
1 day ago | 11 answers
Delete My Account
Profile picture for zuser20140530104417389
Latest reply by zuser20140530104417389
1 day ago | 308 answers
The watering hole..
Profile picture for Connie Klemme
Latest reply by Connie Klemme
  • Posted by ConnieK_ppm
  • In Discussion