Profile picture for BradleyBaker

The house I found has a list price of 125,000, I have 7k to put down.

I have a 720 credit score, make 30,000$ per year, only other payment is 150$ credit card monthly. Can I get approved?

October 26 2013 - Milwaukee

Best Answer
Call your lender, or I can get you contact info for some great lenders I've worked with. Make the call ASAP... don't sit on it. The best properties go quick. A good lender should be able to preapprove you in a day. All you need is a preapproval letter to submit an offer. Make sure you get a market report on similar listed and sold homes in the area. Recently sold prices will tell the whole story. Never submit an offer without knowing the market. If the seller has a good agent listing the home, they receive updates and know the value. Now the task is to get the best market price after getting your preapproval letter. The key to a great buy in Real Estate is to act quick!!!! 

Numbers look fine but a complete application would be needed to verify for sure.  We look to verify income, down payment, and credit.  If you want to work with someone local you can get my info from my profile here.

Good luck and hopefully you will be a homeowner soon.

[Promotion and hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our  Good Neighbor Policy for information.]

From the basic information provided, it seems you are a strong borrower. I am a Senior Mortgage Consultant with a National Lender. Please feel free to contact me through my profile with any questions, or help with the process. Thank you.

Unfortunately, we do not know enough about your finances to tell you whether or not you can afford that loan. Since it's probably inconvenient and also unwise to post your entire financial background on here, it would be easier if you spoke with a lender directly to see if you can apply for a loan. The best thing for you to go is to shop around and speak with a lender. Lenders like myself would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps, if you have any other questions or need a loan please contact me through the information on my profile page. I hope this helps and good luck! 

Here's a link to a "what can I afford?" calculator that will allow you tinker with various assumptions.