Profile picture for LeiYang

The house square feet is 300 square feet larger than actual when buying. what should I do?

When I did house inspection and bank appraisal, I found the house size is 1204 square feet in the report, which is 340 square feet than indicated in the zillow. But the seller did not give any explanation and disclosure to this. I like the house but do not want to buy 1204 square feet with 1543 square feet price. If I back out, I waste so much time and money on it. What should I do to protect myself.
  • November 17 2012 - Cabrillo
  • 0

If you've made an offer and the house is substantially different square feet that you were told, take some time with your agent to compare the 1200 square feet to comps of that size to suggest a new price. 

Remember you liked what you saw when you walked through before making an offer, and would like it to be your home.   Therefore, talk with your agent about the discrepancies and your concern.