Profile picture for kiros

The owner of this house said, he bought it for $300.00 who is right?. Where do u get sale price?

I over heard that the owner of this house said that he bought it for $300K, but on your website it says $412K. Mostly your information is correct, but I am confused is the owner not telling the truth or there is something that I don't know?
I check my friends houses and the price you  posted and the price they told me matchs. I trust your postings, specially the Recently sold for xxxxK. Example, I recently bought a house and you posted the right amount.
  • September 25 2009 - North Laurel
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
perhaps he put down 112k and only mortgaged 300k? though i really doubt it. most likely he is embarrassed what he paid. if he bought between 2005-2008 this is the most likely scenario, i think.

if he bought in 2009, and it was a foreclosure, the bank sometimes "buys" the home back from itself to sell... its part of the trustee sale thingy. anyway the REO might not be in the system yet.

A agree with previous statement and would add this: It has been my experience as a Realtor for 20 years, that neighbors, friends and others tend to exaggerate. Trust what the assessor says it sold for, which should be reflected in Zillow. Zillow doesn't get it right 100% of the time, but if others in the neighborhood are also confirming the higher amount.. well... you get the picture!

Zillow taps into the government databases for the information.   Sometimes it is wrong, usually it is right.