The zestimate for one of my listings is COMPLETELY WRONG! Your information is outdated.

I am a real estate broker have a marvelous listing in the East Village which has been adversely affected by a completely wrong and outdated so called "zestimate". It is at least 325,000 below the actual sales in the building. I have attempted to contact Zillow to correct the comparables on their record but, it is impossible. This hurts both buyers and sellers and puts Zillow in a terrible light. Useless!
  • October 06 2013 - Manhattan

Profile picture for Cory Roberts
This link may help answer some of your questions and assist you in responding to someone who thinks a Zestimate is accurate.

http://www.zillowblog.com/pro/2013-10-01/but-zillow-says-my-home-is-worth/

The property you've listed in Manhattan, NY (although this thread shows Manhattan Kansas) shows that you've accidentally created a duplicate property entry that is missing the sales history and tax history.  Without those two critical numbers, Zillow has a much lower accuracy.   Dig through to see if Zillow has the original with sales history and tax history, then link your listing to the one with the sales and tax history.

You are welcome to share your estimate of value and the reasons in the owner's estimate section.  

My value as a professional is based on he quality, professionalism and trustworthiness I bring to my customers and clients, not from the inefficiency of others. I hold myself and, all that participate in this filed to a higher standard. No one wins with mediocrity.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Im a real estate broker also, and find Zestimate fairly accurate (at least in my area).

Read this and learn what a Zestimate is - and isn't.

This hurts both buyers and sellers and puts Zillow in a terrible light. Useless!

Zillow is a free service, and most brokers love it, since their inaccuracy drives buyer and sellers to use us professionals - Realtors. Its a free service - take it for what its worth.......