The zestimate is 20,000 lower than my asking price and is killing any prospects. Help!

I'm only asking what I owe, but the zestimate is listing my condo at 20,000 less, even though my neighbor bought his for 15000 more than I am asking.  What gives?
  • July 14 2013 - Saint Louis
  • 0

Profile picture for plevy0003
Zestimates are influenced by the most recent sales. If there has been a foreclosure in your development, it can have an effect on your Zestimate. Buyers look at the most recent Solds, in the last year, in your immediate area to determine value. You should do this yourself. Regardless of your cost or your neighbor's cost, the market is driving the market price for your home. The best thing for you to do is reduce your price to match the most recent sold prices.