The zestimate on my house has now decline over $70,000 in the last month. How could that happen?

The zestimate of all other comparable houses in my neighborhood have increased.  The zestimate square footage amount of my house now is only $104, for a custom build home.  How can this be?
My house is located at 139 Ross Drive, Pittsboro NC
  • August 20 2013 - Pittsboro
  • 0

So I guess i should just ignore the Zestimate on my house because it is meaningless.

Read about Zestimates and you will get a better idea of why the price looks like it dropped. Zillow is not local like you and I, they get their information from secondary sources, so locally , something closed that 'looked on paper' to be similar for Zillow. It may have been in a totally different community, for example, it would have been like comparing prices of a higher end  golf course community home to a home in a community nearby that was older and not in a golf course (near you that might have been a rural home).Lately there have been several sales for $420 in your community though