There is a home in Deptford, NJ I would like to purchase cash.

The home was built in 1960 and has had only one owner - whom I more or less know. Do I need a closing attorney? Title insurance? Who should I contact first? Where is the best pplace to find them, if they are necessary? If I dont need them, should I at least have an attorney read over the contract?
thanks 
  • July 14 2012 - Deptford Township
  • 0

Closing can be done by anyone you choose.  An attorney or title company can both do it, or alternate of your choice.  I would recommend doing your due diligence by title search, home inspection, well or septic inspections, and any other potentially expensive surprise repairs.  Title insurance is inexpensive and protects you from any liens or judgements against the property, that are discovered by search.  Who to contact first?  If you don't know what to offer, a real estate agent could assist, or a lot of website research.  Then decide if you will make an offer direct to the owner or have an agent present it for you.  If you don't have a contract pending, you don't need to spend time and money on the rest.

In addition to what Nan said, the Real Estate will assist you step by step helping you to save time, energy and maybe save some money too.

Contact a real estate agent..it wont cost you anything and they will set everyting up for you. Is the home listed for sale?