Profile picture for bridge4th

There is inaccurate information on my listing. How do I go about correcting this information?

Zillow has listed that my home was bought by me in 2006 at $68,300. When in fact it was bought at $136,600 from a couple that was divorcing. Which is why the city record shows $68,300 twice, your computers there aren't picking up on that fact though. How may I remedy this situation on this matter? The MLS# 1169657 . 

I believe Zillow.com to be a powerful resource that people believe to be accurate, even myself. As my gal an I are relocating, and use Zillow to our advantage.     email:  bridge4th@hotmail.com
  • October 26 2010 - Bay View
  • 0

Profile picture for bridge4th

Thank you all for your time, first off. Second, I do believe all of these to be valid responses, and shall take action to remedy this situation in each of these fashions. I find that being thorough usually has the best results.   ;) Again thank you.   Wil Bridgeforth

First of all, yes, the best way is to contact your local tax authorities.  However, for Zillow, you can make the change.

1:  First you will need to create a user name and password, then sign in.

2:  Do a search for the address

3:  When the address appears, on the bottom, you will see a tab that says "edit"

4:  First:  you will have to "claim" the posting.  This just means you were the owner of record

5:  Once you claim it, then you can go back and "edit" it.  You can then show when the property sold and for what price.

Hope this helps.

Profile picture for Brian French
As a local agent - I would suggest that you go to the county treasure's office and try to convince them that they should change it since Zillow takes their information directly from the tax records.

Hi bridge4th@hotmail.com,
I also recommend the same as the other agents.  I am glad that you are trying to correct this. If your home is for sale, buyers could be wondering why such a huge increase of value since the last sales price.  Having a background as an appraiser/realtor, explain any discreapancies, along with proof that this was an incorrect price, to any appraiser.  Make sure your realtor also explains that there was an inaccurate reporting.  The appraiser has to anayzle all sales within a 3 years.  The appraiser has to use the information from the assessor as accurate information, and if he or she does not know that it is in accurate, it could lead to problems with the appraisal.  I hope that this helps.. Good Luck!

Profile picture for gerrymcclean

Hi Bridge4th,

Sorry to report that Zillow is not the accurate resource you might think. You should check with the local real estate agents nearest you. They will be able to direct you to correct agency to remedy your problem.

Hello Bridge4th, Zillow takes the information that was recorded at county recorders office.  This info will not have any impact on your home or its value.  If you really want it corrected, contact the agent that helped you buy this home and asked them if they can help you get this corrected at the title company.  

I hope this helps!

All the best!

Ryan Smith