Profile picture for Brown and Zinn

Thinking of purchasing?

I'm very interested in hearing from you about your interest or things possibly holding you back from purchasing a home? With rates as low as they are, and the possibility of them going up, what are reasons you might be holding back?

• August 22 2011 - Tulsa
  • 0

Profile picture for SteadyState
Homes are still too expensive (7 to 8 times) average income
Cost of RE transactions is too high (I do not believe that REA earn 6% of a $1M home) and total 10% for a RE transaction is inefficient
Property taxes are too high - prices have come down but not PT
No growth in prices - I get a "low rate" at 4% but home prices are flat. Thus I am renting from the bank (it's better to rent from a family/individual owner because then the money stays locally)
Uptick in home owner delinquencies this quarter - more pain to come

Did that answer your question on why I am hesitant?

I guess the interest return of less than 1% is a safer investment.  r the excitement of watching the stock market go Up and Down 400 points every day with your retirement money fulfills your investment expectations.

To me, a paid off mortgage when you reach retirement age might be a more realistic investment, expecially with 30 year fixed mortgages at 4.15%

David Cooper

Profile picture for blue screen exile
Why rush when the Federal reserve states interest rates will remain in the same range for at least 2 more years, and when housing prices will continue to decline for at least 2 more years, and will not rise for at least 15 years?

Besides, since I already own, and don't owe a mortgage, what is the incentive?  As price to rent ratio still favors renting, why would I want to subsidize some renters?

The better question is why David Cooper and his "agent" Cathy don't buy 35 houses from Carol?  But of course the reason is they have no money.

So, maybe Carol should buy 80 houses from David instead???  Why would Carol buy from a chronic liar, especially since he is not licensed?

Besides, I have already posted that I would buy now if Carol could find what I'm looking for.  But she has not been able to.... so.... I guess I'll keep looking.

Profile picture for Dunes....

How many can't buy because of recent a Foreclosure? In the Process?..will be when MERS clears up?..Credit.. Unemployment..26 million on Food Stamps in 2008...47 Million now..Refinance dominates the Loans

Many many People IMO are thinking the Need to survive & get by is the Priority..No move-up movement

2010 lowest Sales in 13 years..2011 headed for lowest in 14 years..2012 looks like?

What Buyer pool?