Profile picture for Realtyman1

This company, adzokie.com will paint and pay you for the advertising.

A free Mobile advertising company, Adzookie.com, is doing something unique, not only toadvertise themselves, but to help homeowners pay their mortgage.  They are turning houses into billboards.  They will paint your house FREE, taking 3-5 days, and will pay the mortgage every month for as long as the house is painted, which can be up to a year.  http://adzookie.com/paintmyhouse.php  I can see some bad things regarding this.  What are your thoughts?

• April 09 2011 - Spokane
  • 0

I like the idea.

Can I get a 1 year mortgage?

"will pay the mortgage every month for as long as the house is painted, which can be up to a year."

Does the paint fall off in 1 year? (looks confused)

How about a 15 year iron clad agreement with me getting a 15 year mortgage if I keep the signage?

Seriously, if I could buy a house and have the house paid for this way I would do it. When someone asks for directions to my house painted this way they would not miss it!!! I see the inside of the house most of the time anyway. I can live with an ugly paint job for a free house.

When anyone asks me WHY the house is painted that way I would simply reply that is my rental income without the renters problems.

The bad part is I will live out of the city so far that kind of  advertising would not want me. Or perhaps worse after so long living with that kind of paint job I might begin to like it.

Does it come with a pair of sunglasses?

Profile picture for kristisar
I'm guessing my HOA would throw a fit, otherwise Id be all in. But.... "If, for any reason, you decide to cancel after three months or if we cancel the agreement with you, we'll repaint your house back to the original colors." So if I decide to stop after 9 months, I'm on the hook for paying to have it painted back?

Profile picture for hpvanc
I would not do it unless I had veto power on the ads.  There would still be an issue if the advertiser changed business methods after the house was painted, I would need to be able to call for an immediate repaint in that case.  I'm guessing it would not work for me.

Very interesting.  Now that is creative marketing, they are definately doing something different than their competitors, and possibly helping solve peoples real problems.  Not everyone cares what their house looks like on the outside so, why not?  I am sure there is some fine print, but w/out having checked them out I like it.

Profile picture for Realtyman1
Not sure about the neighbors or the HOA.  How about zoning regulations?  City Councils?  Will they do it if the house is not in a busy prime real estate traffic area?  Don't you think it would lower the value and the impact it would have on the neighborhood property?  This sounds like some thing the ACLU will get involved with.  They have this type of advertising on cars, buses, peoples body and now houses?

If it dropped property values I would be more in favor of it.

The lower value = lower tax bill. Another benefit I had not considered before.

@Dan Ha, way to think positively.  @Micheal I did not consider whether a city council might have say on this.  Would that be because it is advertising.  It seems to me you can paint your house however you like unless deed restriction/CC&R  says no.  Unless people started moving away from the area, I don't think it would affect prices.  Might even help considering some people are saved from foreclosure through the mortgage assistance provided them?