Three Questions To Ask Yourself Before You Start Your Home Search

While following today's media when it comes to real estate, you will often hear conflicting information about the market. Some analysts say it is a great time to buy and others say it is not.  Buying a home is a very personal decision based on what is going on in your life. There are many tough decisions to make along the way during the buying process.  One of the first steps is to ask yourself three important questions: What are the experts saying? When will I see appreciation if I buy now? and Why am I buying in the first place?

To see more detail about each of these important questions and how the answers may impact you, follow this link

April 24 2012 - US

I agree that expert opinions can certainly be helpful. See what Warren Buffett has to say about buying now .

I think the next question should be "where do I want to live" This might be a city, neighborhood or something a bit broader. Definately one of the most important questions you can ask yourself.

Certainly in the top three is the question of qualifying. Nothing is more disappointing that the emotional roller coaster of searching and finding the right home only to find that you don't qualify. I would definately connect you with a qualified lender in the area.

Expert opinion are important, but if you aregoing to buy or nor, makesure you are listeni reading from the eperts in the local area you are insidering to buy. Gerericslly, i will say this is a great time to buy sñe ially to live in the hom, but if you are miving in 2-4 years thereare a number of markets where you be better renting. No matter how good orbad the market is in genersl, each marketis different. off renting. I

The experts I see are saying housing prices still have a ways to drop before they normalize. How do you define an expert anyway?

I consider Mr. Warren Buffet to be an 'expert' when it comes to business.

And when it came to the turn around in the housing market...he got it wrong.

I have two questions
Profile picture for Lenny & Barbara, The Harris Team
Latest reply by Lenny & Barbara, The Harris Team
Zillow sucks!! listings are not up to date.
Latest reply by wetdawgs
Has the market started climbing again?
Profile picture for Mary Allen
Latest reply by Mary Allen
1 day ago | 10 answers
Going Direct To Listing Agent? Think again!
Profile picture for Rob Jensen
Latest reply by Rob Jensen
1 day ago | 6 answers
Can the seller keep the earnest money after inspection?
Profile picture for sourtimes01
Latest reply by sourtimes01
August 13 | 19 answers