Profile picture for krombie2121

Title Insurance Important Question

Once I have already committed to a company for title insurance can I change my mind and switch to another one? The closing is not for another few months.  I am not sure if I am legally bound to these people. It's been ordered, but I found a place I like better and I want to switch. Is that legal? Thanks!!
  • October 25 2011 - Philadelphia
  • 0

sometimes there is a "title cost" for the search which you may be responsible for but only if you gave permission to be ordered in the first place. its always best to be up front and discuss the change.  good luck in your purchase.

Profile picture for krombie2121
My realtor is a complete waste of time.  I won't be using them ever again!!! I have had a lot of guidance on this and the company I went with is just perfect (in many aspects).

Price is not the only consideration in selecting a Title Company. What does your real estate agent recommend?

Profile picture for krombie2121
Hi Kelly-

I like the price better about the other company. There rate is a good amount lower.  I haven't signed any papers at all. Just told the realtor (via email) that we would use them. Does this still legally bind me to them? I don't see how I can be financially bound to them if I didn't sign anything.  Right? Just agreed via email???

Profile picture for SteynRealtor
You are not legally bound to use a particular Title company. If you have signed papers and agreed to use them, they may have already put together the title commitment papers so there could be financial drawbacks if you decide to switch. 
What do you like more about the other company?