To Plan, Or Not To Plan - That is the Question!

As a Mortgage Planning Professional (TM) I often ask clients what they feel are the benefits of planning for their financial future in regards to home purchasing or refinancing. Most of the time this invokes a sort of bewildered look, while other times I receive an eloquent reply that gives me hope for America's financial future.

Either way we are here to help everyone from seeing you get off to the right start, or simply would like to get a second opinion in regards to your thought out plan.

To begin this discussion I would like feedback on what you feel are the important aspects of properly planning for your financial future; How you feel home ownership and mortgage planning are, or aren't, an integral part of such; and what you feel will be the pro's of doing so for you, your family, and your community! :)

Nathan D Kerpan - Mortgage Planning Professional (TM)
Benchmark Mortgage - NMLS: 230478
The Kerpan Group
[Spam content removed by Zillow moderator due to violation of Good Neighbor Policy].
  • October 31 2013 - US

Nathan,
Noticed this is your first contribution on Zillow forum, but  putting your contact info on post is violation of Zillow's Good Neighbor policy and will be removed.

To Spam or not to Spam?  is more like the question

Thank you for letting me know. I promise to not let it happen again. :)

Profile picture for blue screen exile
Seems as if someone wanted to do financial planning they would get a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) instead; or possibility an estate planning attorney instead.

Yeah, Pasadenan, you are on the money with that advice. That is why we surround ourselves with industry experts to assist in such matters. But if one were to just commonly go and buy a loan as if it is nothing more than another widget, then they may find themselves in a worse off position. I find that most of my clientele appreciate the additional food for thought and post closing budget and mortgage planning we provide. In the end it is up to them to follow through... but we tend to be a bit different being that we came from the financial services and planning side of the world prior to home loans.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
Oh?  You messed up peoples finances so badly that you had to leave that profession?  Ore were practicing without a license?

If you want to "plan" something for "my mortgage", plan on no fees, no closing costs, 100 yr fixed fully amortized at 1.0% annual.

Don't tell me it is "not available", it is, just not from your sources.

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
This would be a good blog post, not a good Q&A post. 

Profile picture for blue screen exile
Well, then I'll chose to "not plan"... can you "plan" something like this?

(If it wasn't for the FED overnight rate, the 30 yr fixed average quote would have dropped to 3.125% on 10/17/13).

(Right click on image and choose "view image" to see it full size to read the text).

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Welcome to the Zillow Forum and their Pasa experience
Real classy ain't it...impressive display of social skills ;)

"But if one were to just commonly go and buy a loan as if it is nothing more than another widget, then they may find themselves in a worse off position."

I do agree with that so wondering if without any the answer is call me or I'm better because.. could/would you share what you believe are "aspects", steps, options, issues people should consider before purchasing a property, getting a loan or Refi?

That might help people understand this post isn't just a I'm better because ad and/or show it's a real attempt at discussion.
Obviously a tough crowd to please here at the friendly ol Zillow Forum..ya got I's knows a lot of stuff people posting here, a number of people who are just jerks & competitors ect. ect.
Tough crowd to please ;)

BTW...Thumbs up for "Thank you for letting me know. I promise to not let it happen again. :)"
Class response & and an appreciated one..at least from this ol fool