To Reduce or Add IncentivesWe are building a home in FL, which will be ready in about 8 months. We put our current house (Canton, GA) on the market in October and have had 1 showing. The realtor that showed it said that it showed very, very well but the buyers decided on new construction.Our neighborhood is large with older homes selling in the mid 200's and the average in the mid 300's. Newer homes are 400k. We built this house 5 years ago - added a 3rd car garage, finished out the basement ($50k) and have a beautiful patio ($20). Our house is next to the top priced house currently for sale (469k) and it is worth it. My question is - we have 8 months until the other house is ready. We were qualified to carry 2 mortgages. As much as I don't want to do that, I also don't want to give away our house.Should we throw in an incentive....We have a fabulous media room with THX certified audio/video equipment (112" screen, 7 speakers, etc) - Would that entice people to LOOK at our house? Should we lower the price instead? Should we just be patient & wait?Everyone that looks at the house says to us "Your house is awesome, it will sell" but we just don't have the traffic. We are listed on MLS (broker listed - flat fee), paying a buyer's commission (3.1%). We have a website (www.house4sale-canton.com), but still not getting any showings. I contacted agents in the neighborhood and they too are slow.Hmm...what to do...November 07 2007 - US0YesReport a ProblemProblemSelect oneOffensive contentIrrelevant contentSpam (pure self-promotion)OtherDetailsYour emailPlease enter a valid email address.Submit CancelContent flaggedWe will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.