Profile picture for MikeInBoston

To add Sq Ft, would a sunroom heating unit need to be wired and fixed instead of a portable plug-in?

I'm considering adding heat to my sunroom so it will count as living space. But I would like to know if the heating unit has to be wired (rather than a plug-in) and fixed to the wall (rather than a portable unit). What are the official requirements?
  • April 02 2009 - Newton
  • 0

Profile picture for CA_AZ
Keep in mind if you plan to resell - lender financed, a non-wired AC/Heat unit will not be considered in the "livable square feet".  There are other guidelines you can investigate such as "Marshall and Swift" and building codes for wiring.