Top Ten iPhone Apps for Real Estate

Joshua Ferris over at [link removed by moderator] has listed and reviewed ten iPhone applications he finds most useful for real estate.  If you have an iPhone or are thinking about getting one, this article is a great resource.  Joshua references apps that help determine home values, map home locations, calculate loan payments, and even turn your phone into a flashlight.

Read more:  http://www.geekestateblog.com/10-most-useful-iphone-apps-for-real-estate-pros/

[link removed by moderator]

• November 10 2010 - Portland
  • 0

Although reliable data is hard to come by, Zillow believes that our iphone app is by far the most downloaded real estate app on the iphone. And it's certainly my favorite.

Profile picture for geordy
I think Walkscore and Yelp also belong on that list too.  And maybe some apps to keep your client's kid entertained :-D 

The Zillow app is great but I wish it was more useful on my iPod Touch since I don't have an iPhone.  Time to put a bigger wifi antenna on my roof so I can at least Zillow my neighbors...

Georgy, what type of cell phone do you have? Blackberry?

Please allow me to gently let the air out of your iPhone real estate app balloons.

THEY ARE ALL USELESS, minus maybe the business miles app.  The number one app was Zillow, and the big given reason was "looking up sales prices."  Goofy on two levels, one, zillow generally does not have actual sales figures (so how could they give them out?) and secondly, why in the world does it make a hoot's worth of difference other than it seems cool to the tech-dazed public?

Signed, Grumpy Ludite

Profile picture for geordy
Spencer, I have an Android-based Evo.

That being said, I still carry my iPod Touch and run my ekey and most other apps on the iPod.  I just don't like the Android OS as much as iOS.  That's JUST me though.  I know plenty others feel the opposite.

Rick, you do have a couple of good points but you also said it all in the last sentence, "tech-dazed public".  That's a big reason all on it's own...  Your clients dabble with these technologies so you also should have some familiarity with them.

If you have an Android phone, please download the Zillow app on Android and give it a test-drive. It's as good as our iphone app. No need to suffer using the Zillow app on your itouch only when you're tethered to wifi.