Trying to figure out how much to charge

We have a home in Powder Springs, newer build 2006. Unfinished swim/tennis community, but the pool is open during the summer. We are buying a bigger house in a better school district but I have no idea where to start the process. I am definatly considering an agent because I really do not want to go in my house with strangers. Too many loonies out there. It is a 4br 2.5 bath with a formal dining and living room/office a family room stainless steel appliances back spash, total around 2400 sg feet. Any suggestions on what to charge per month and deposit and such

March 09 2012 - Powder Springs

I would highly recommend that you get a professional properly manager. They will be more familiar with the screening process as well compliance to fair housing and credit reporting laws. I know of two very good companies that manage in the powder springs area and would be flag to recommend either one of them. It's hard to guess a fair market rent for your home. My best guess would be $1200-1400 per month. But it could be higher. Let me know how I can help.

I am assuming you are talking about renting it since you are asking how much per month to charge. I suggest you contact someone in your area who does rental home listings and let them guide you since no one here will have a clue without seeing it and knowing where it is.

Using a REALTOR® would be a wise decision to help shoulder the burden and protect your interests. Typically, the company the agent represents will do all background checks, financial confirmations, etc., and present you a package upon which you can make an educated decision.

Once a tenant is found, you have the option to manage the property yourself or have it professionally managed. Each option has pros and cons, so it is usually a conversation, rather than a response in this forum.

Assuming the home is in good nick and move-in ready, you might be surprised how quickly the process can move. The whole of the Atlanta rental market is very, very strong. Last year, the average time on market in my office was 10 days for rentals.

Trying to figure out how much to charge
Profile picture for John B. McKernan II
Latest reply by John B. McKernan II
  • Posted by user614618
  • In Landlords

1. 2716 Beaver Creek Xing, Powder Springs, GA Home For Sale
    2716 Beaver Creek Xing, Powder Springs, GA 30127

2. 3262 Woodcliff Way, Powder Springs, GA Home For Sale
    3262 Woodcliff Way, Powder Springs, GA 30127

3. 3916 Abbott Way # 2, Powder Springs, GA Home For Sale
    3916 Abbott Way # 2, Powder Springs, GA 30127