Profile picture for cybertrooper

Trying to get a loan at 75

I am a very young 75. I work 40 hours per week, and an exceptional worker. I even do my own house painting, inside and out and do all manual chore. Excellent health,
and not a typical 75.
How do I get a loan?
  • January 27 2012 - San Jose
  • 0

You qualify (or not) just like anyone else!

It is illegal to make a decision on a loan based on age.

I totally agree with Mark and gave a thumbs up to his answer.  You said "trying to get a loan".  How many lenders have you actually talked to?  Are you trying to get a loan for a house?  Is your credit ok?  You still need your credit and income to be at certain levels for a home loan.  I think it's great that you are so active at 75!  My dad is that age and not doing so well.

Good Luck,
Christine

Agree with the others, age is not an issue. Depending on the amount of money you plan to put down you could also have the option of using a Reverse Mortgage to purchase the home.

Profile picture for Tom Rollett
If you would like a contact for a loan in the San Jose area, please let me know. You should qualify and your age is not a consideration. Regards,

Talk to some lenders. Compare what they have to offer you in terms of  a loan product. I have a lender I have worked with in the past who has done great work with my clients. Let me know if you would like her contact info.

R

You call someone you like when it comes to lenders. Make sure they are giving you some great options and you qualify and move forward with your home purchase or refinance!!

Lenders are not allowed to age discriminate.. I have yet to see a 75 year old get a mortgage though!! Good luck!

If you can afford 30% down, you should consider a HUD Reverse Purchase. No payments are required as long as it's your primary home. You can make payments if you want to but not required. Qualifying is your age, value of home and current interest.

Lenders are not allowed to discriminate against you based on age. If you think that they are doing that, please report them to the FTC.

Make the lender aware that you know that you qualify and that you will be a find a loud complaint if they deny you based on age. You sound like a vibrant and smart person so I am sure that with the law on your side that you will have no issues.