Profile picture for NEffler76

Turn Key Investing

I'm getting more interested in real estate investing, right now all have all my holding in stocks, so I thought owning a rental property would be a good idea.  I live in Central Illinois, and Illinois in my opinion isn't a good place to invest in real estate, it seems like every year people are leaving this state.  I wanted somewhere somewhat close which the major markets would be Saint Louis or Indy, in case I wanted to actually visit the property I would be in within a day's driving distance. From what I've read Indy looks the most appealing.  My question is making the assumption I want to buy real estate in Indy I've seen a lot of sites for turn key real estate where the broker finds the house and does all the property management  How do you pick a company that will give you a fair shake?  I understand they are in business to make money, but I want to invest where I am going to get the most money, so how do you pick someone good?  Also if anyone has any insight that if you are going to go with a turn key setup, should I look outside the Midwest because it's not a big deal to visit these places except for the initial purchase.
  • July 31 2012 - Bloomington
  • 0

[Promotion and website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

Of all the Markets we are in, Indy is one of our favorites.  They have a strong economy, low vacancy rates and good income to price ratios.

Darwin Fielding

[website deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Here's an article (below) about investing in emerging markets. Selection of the correct market to invest in is one of the keys. We believe people should most consider cities which are growing which is usually due to a strong local economy. Investing near home, while convenient, often isn't the right place. Naturally, that depends a lot on where an investor lives.

[website removed by Zillow moderator]

Your logic is sound.  Markets that are heavily based economically on only one or two industries increases your risk -- with potential future appreciation (demand) and rental demand rates and demand.

"Diversifying" your current portfolio makes sense, particularly into sound growth markets with a broad economy and strong rental market.

Marco Santarelli
Norada Real Estate Investments
...

Profile picture for NEffler76
I should qualify I already own a house now so I've purchased something before, and while the idea of owning something close by sounds appealing.  The real estate market in Bloomington is supported by one company State Farm, so I would like an area that is a little more diverse.  

If you are going to explore the possibilities of being a real estate investor, I would try something in your own town first and see how that works out for you.  Let's face it in every town there are more and more people that are renting properties.  As a first time buyer I would recommend to purchase a condo or town house, to avoid the maintenance.  I would be happy to put you in touch with a buyer agent who works with investors in the Bloomington are, just shoot me an email! 

Good day!

Indianapolis is a very good choice as a market to invest in.  There are other - as you will see on our website.  We cover 13 strong markets in the US with turnkey investment property.  90% of them are tenant occupied with professional management in place.  We also offer a 90-day rent guarantee for some additional peace of mind.

Since you sound like you are "getting more interested", I would encourage you to download our free report, "Building Wealth in Real Estate" from our website.

Feel free to contact us anytime.

Thank you,

Marco Santarelli
Norada Real Estate Investments
...